Coverage Options

A basic property policy would include coverage such as:

  • Fire
  • Lightning
  • Explosion
  • Smoke due to a sudden, unusual and faulty operation of any heating or cooking   unit in or on the premises
  • Falling object which strikes the exterior of a building
  • Impact by aircraft or land vehicle
  • Riot
  • Vandalism or malicious acts, not including loss or damage caused by theft or attempted theft
  • Water Damage – see note just below
  • Windstorm or Hail.

Optional Coverages


Sewer Back-up Coverage / Water Damage:

Your property policy covers you for any damage caused by sudden, accidental discharge of water in your home, such as frozen pipes and public water mains carrying drinking water. For sewer back-ups, septic tanks, eaves troughs or downspouts, you can purchase optional Sewer Back-Up coverage or a Water Damage Extension. Talk about it with your Orr Insurance Broker as water damage claims are very prevalent in our area.


A basic property policy does not include coverage for earthquake damage.

Replacement Value Coverage:

With replacement cost on personal property, your personal items are insured for replacement cost at today’s prices, not the depreciated value (Depreciated value would be what the item is worth if you were to sell it used).

Jewelry and Furs:

Companies will have a standard limit included within a broad form homeowner’s policy. If you would like to schedule an item or items separately, the company will require a recent appraisal for the description and value of each item. The item will then be listed accordingly in order to provide specific coverage for that item. 

Fine Art:

If you have a significant investment in art, insuring that collection may be advisable. Broadly defined, art insurance can cover such things as: painting and drawings, prints and posters, photographs, sculptures, antique furniture, decorative objects and rugs along with rare books. With a proper appraisal, these items may be scheduled separately on your insurance policy to increase your coverage under a standard homeowner’s policy.


Standard homeowner’s policy will include a specified limit (depending on the company) in which case the watercraft, furnishing, equipment, accessories and motors would be covered. The type of coverage may be very limited so please ask your broker about our boat policies which will provides broader coverage specific to your needs. 

Coverage for Specific Valuables:

Your Orr Insurance Broker can arrange other coverage options, such as collections, high-priced bicycles, boats & watercraft, computer software, identity theft, mass evacuation, inflation protection, etc.