Coverage Options


Optional Coverage

Standard Coverages

All Ontario motorists must have coverage for Liability, Accident Benefits, Uninsured Automobile, and Direct Compensation – Property Damage. The following are brief descriptions, but consult your policy for complete details, or ask your Orr Insurance Broker. (Additional insurance for Loss or Damage, and Optional Increased Accident Benefits are also available and explained below.)


This is mandatory coverage for you or other insured persons if someone else is injured or killed, or their property is damaged, in an automobile incident. It will pay for legitimate claims against you or other insured persons up to the limit of your coverage, and the cost of settling claims.

Accident Benefits

Provides certain benefits for you and other insured persons if injured or killed in an accident. These may include:

  • income replacement for lost income;
  • payments to non-earners who suffer complete inability to carry on a normal life;
  • payment of care expenses to persons no longer able to act as a primary caregiver for a household member;
  • medical, rehabilitation and attendant care expenses;
  • payment of certain other expenses;
  • payment of funeral expenses;
  • payments to survivors of someone who is killed.

Your insurance company is obliged to explain details of your Accident Benefits coverage in your policy document, but don’t hesitate to bring questions to your Orr Insurance Broker. You may also want optional benefits to add to your policy.

Uninsured Automobile

Provides protection to you and yours if you are entitled to damages from someone else that did not have liability insurance or left the scene of the accident a $300 deductible would apply in this case.

Direct Compensation – Property Damage

This coverage is provided to pay for damages to your vehicle caused by another identified driver who is at fault for the accident.


Optional Coverages

Loss or Damage

This covers direct and accidental loss of, or damage to, a specified vehicle and its equipment. There are usually deductibles contributed by you toward the cost of repairs, or deducted from the loss settlement. You can often reduce your premiums with a higher deductible.

Specified Perils: Covers the described automobile against loss or damage caused by certain specific perils: fire; theft or attempted theft; lightning, windstorm, hail or rising water; earthquake; explosion; riot or civil disturbance; falling or forced landing of aircraft or parts of aircraft; or the stranding, sinking, burning, derailment or collision of any kind of transport in, or upon which, the described automobile is being transported.

Collision or Upset: Covers damage a collision with another object, i.e. other than a vehicle, or tips over.

Comprehensive: Covers a described automobile against loss or damage other than those covered by Collision or Upset, including perils listed under Specified Perils, falling or flying objects, missiles and vandalism.

All Perils: Combines the Collision or Upset and Comprehensive coverages.

Other insurance options can transfer coverage from your vehicle to a rental for personal use, roadside assistance, and use of a rental vehicle in the event of a claim.