Business Liability - Run Your Business, With Everyone Covered
Your Orr Insurance Broker will find the right coverage, at the right price, for your business
Running a business isn’t getting any less complicated. But you can focus more of your ideas and energies on getting stuff done when you know that you, your company, your employees and your customers are financially protected if something happens to trigger a lawsuit. Your Orr Insurance Broker will shop the market for the optimal combination of value and premium. And if something does happen, your Orr representatives will be there for you.
As business owners ourselves, we understand the importance of offering products and services you can be proud of. And looking out for your employees and customers. Which is why one of the best ways you can protect your operation is by making sure that a lawsuit triggered by a business-related incident doesn’t leave you, your company, an employee, or a customer financially ruined.
Commercial General Liability Insurance
Commercial general liability insurance (CGL) is one of the most widely used forms of business insurance, and is now considered a cost of doing business, because the likelihood of being sued is rising. The most frequent occurrences are when:
- A customer is injured at your place of business
- An employee damages property at a customer's site.
CGL coverage will protect your business in the event that you are sued for bodily injury or property damage. Without a CGL policy, you are leaving yourself and your company vulnerable.
In general, CGL covers your organization for property damage or bodily injury to a third party.
What is not covered
Most policies have risks, events, or instances they are not designed to cover, often because of their rarity, or their indeterminate nature. That is not to say that specific coverages are unavailable – your Orr Insurance Broker is a professional at sourcing coverage options for specific needs. But in the main, the following are specialized risks usually outside a standard CGL policy.
- Injury or property damage caused by pollution from your company's operations, activities, employees or products
- The misuse, destruction or distribution of electronic data
- Professional liability (Error and Omissions insurance is available separately)
- Injury or property damage caused by war
- Acts of terrorism
- Injury or property damage resulting from the use of nuclear material
- Injury or property damage resulting from asbestos
- Injury or property damage resulting from fungi